Friday, August 21, 2009

Amazing Blessing

August has been a bit of a financially lean month for the Malaybalay children’s home. Last Wednesday we came to the point of having too much month at the end of the money. Our director, Belen, told me that on Thursday we needed to make a trip to Illigan to pick up two new kids, and that we needed money for fuel. I told her that the bank account was empty, but would work on finding it. I promptly texted Jeff in Manila, asking if he had any pesos for us for the rest of the month’s budget. He replied “I don’t, but God does.” We left if at that and spent the rest of the day going about normal business. About four in the afternoon, Belen asked if we had received any blessing yet. Since we had not, we made a plan to borrow some money for the trip. I started to leave for home but, thought I should probably go say goodbye for the afternoon to Glenn, Grace, and the other staff. That ended up taking 10-15 minutes, and as I was wrapping up the goodbyes an unfamiliar pickup truck arrived at the children’s home. When the door opened, a missionary friend, Trevor, got out. About a month before, he and his family had come by the home for a visit. After they left, his daughter, Deanna, gave him some money for us. He had made a few trips to Malaybalay since then, but had not yet had the chance to stop by and drop it off. After he handed me the envelope, I asked if he wanted to hear a really cool story and then let him know that we had been praying and waiting all day for provision, and had just a few minutes before decided we would have to figure out how to deal with it on our own. I also shared that I had planned on leaving 15-20 minutes before he arrived, but in hindsight now know I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to not leave yet. He was so blessed to be a blessing, and we were also just amazed at the timing God has. After Trevor left, I thought I should give Jeff a call and opened the conversation with “Did God answer you prayer yet?” He then proceeded to tell me that, yes, God had answered Jeff’s prayer, and that he did have money for us and it would be put in our bank account the next morning. We were so excited to share with each other the ways God had separately provided for us, and like Eph. 3:20-21 says “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”

Hope you are as encouraged and blessed by this as we were.
Jeremy

2 comments:

Rhogene Sagayoc said...

wowwww..... God is really good. I am in that place every Saturday letting the kids have some fun through the games I prepare every week for them. I haven't heard of that situation. But when I read the blog .... I was so touched by God's goodness in the lives of the people working in that Institution. I will say God is good all the time.

Trevor said...

Awesome!! God is so amazing!