Monday, November 10, 2008

East Coast Fun!

I bet you have never seen a blog from the east coast well, since I am the only one from "the team" from the east coast and this is the first time I have written one from here. Lots has been going on. I have been able to go to one fair already and will go to another one this weekend. But at the last fair was able to meet up with a girl who is really interested in coming for a summer to work at the Children's home. I have also received donations for the Home as well as being able to see some of the cards that Megan has made that highlight some of our kids. I was also able to host two open houses for people to come over and see videos, pictures, artifacts, and taste some food from the Philippines. those that came loved it. From that I have four of my friends that are praying about coming over to work at the Home for a couple weeks or for the whole summer. I have visited my alma mater and have made good contact with them in setting up trips and internships to the Philippines with us. SO lots of great things are happening here.


I am continuing to work while I am here in the states and enjoying being with family and friends. It has been a great time for me to be with my family as my brother is now training to be a corpsmen (medic) with the US Navy (hope to see him for Christmas), my other brother, in his senior year, won the conference with a strong possibility to go to Nationals with his college, my sister will take her Athletic Training Exam this weekend, and my dad having had several surgeries. My mom and I have been hold down the fort. Taking care of our chickens 2 dogs (that just had surgery), and our duck. As you can see never a dull moment.

Kim Courtright

No comments: