Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm Back


The first time I came to Manila was back in November 2007. I was
passing through with another missions organization called Adventures
in Missions, on an 11-month trip called The World Race. I fell in love
with KIM and the children's home right away, despite the fact that I
personally only spent a week here in Manila.
A year later I returned to Manila to spend a full month working at the
children's home and help out with some logistics for short term teams
coming in. Again, I absolutely loved it and knew that it would not be
my last time in Manila!

And here I am, another 6 months later, and I'm back! This time,
though, I'm sticking around a lot longer! I've committed to working
with KIM for about 15 months, and then I will reassess and see what
the Lord has for me next.

I am extremely excited to be a part of all the amazing work that God
is doing here in Manila, and I am looking forward to investing in
these kids lives and also sharing the love of Christ with members of
the community.


God Bless,
Christie

No comments: