Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Power of Prayer

As time goes by, prayer seems to become more important to me. Maybe that's because I see more and more evidence of God working through prayer, such as in our recent visit to Kids International Ministries. The three boys and I came to visit Liz as she works in the Manila childrens home. We ended up working construction with an Australian team at the Malaybalay childrens home, and reading to children in Manila, and painting on the JCCV building, and meeting Threads of Hope on Mindoro, with a few other adventures thrown in along the way. It was great to see the Manila ministry of our good friend Chris Cordova.

By the time we got back to Colorado, I had collected many stories of believers who prayed, saw God at work, and decided to join Him in impacting peoples' lives.The children touched my heart, each one in a different way. I've made a commitment to pray daily for a certain one of the older children. I'd love to return to be involved in the Malaybalay project. My own children have all been changed by seeing God at work in amazing and miraculous ways in the Philippines. And my heart is challenged to dwell less on being comfortable, and more on being like Jesus to those around me.


Let me share some prayer requests with you.You can pray for Kids International Ministries, that it will grow at the right speed, building on its good foundation. Pray that churches in various nations would catch the vision, sending teams to help in the Philippines. Pray that each child would grow strong in their faith, being a good influence on Philippine society, or wherever they live. And be sure to pray for Jeff and Colene Long as they seek people to give their talents to the Filipino children. Please pray for Chris as he encourages the Filipino men to step up and follow the Lord. Remember especially to pray for the construction progress on the childrens home in Malaybalay.





Thanks!





James

No comments: